Wednesday, November 4, 2009

UI Project - Out with the old

My guild moved raid night from last night to tonight. I suddenly had a large chunk of playtime that now had no preallocated purpose, so the UI project beginnings started cramming itself in.


The biggest find of the project so far? FuBar is no longer in development due to the Data Brokers framework's growing adoptance.


If you look at the manager screenshots below you can see I was using a fair number of info plugins for FuBar, so all those and FuBar itself are now either swapped for a data broker component or removed completely due to lack of use.


I plan to make far more detailed posts on how I set up my UI and why once I actually finish finalizing it, right now I'm taking you through my thought process as I experiment with different configurations and concoctions.


Heres the list of addons that I always run as I find they allow me to spend more time playing and less time figuring out how to manage info & data:
  • ArcInventory - Inventory mod that has its own scripting language. As a developer and designer this mod just meshes well with me and allows me to organize information in MY way.
  • Bartender4 - Lets me place button bars where I need them to be and in the groupings I need them to be in.
  • Parrot - A very good combat text addon that has good level of depth controls and lets me set what orientation I want which information to appear in
  • OmniCC - An excellent cooldown utility that overlays important CD information directly onto spell icons.
  • Prat 3.0 - Its a non essential gameplay mod, but makes info and data source management a lot easier
  • Xloot + Monitor - Allows me to set at a glance loot information as well as provide a loot history should I need it
  • Buffalo3 - Buffs & Debuff tracking with a nice amount of options yet not bloated
  • Quartz - The latency tracking ability in the cast bar is key and the castable debuff/dot monitoring is very useful


Im sure there are a few others that I do not like to be without, but its harder to recall them while at work waiting for the clock to finish so I can head out of the office and back into Azeroth!


Edits and updates to this post will come after gametime!

No comments:

Post a Comment